DevOps • Backend • Creative
Hi there! I’m Cariad (carry-add)!
I’m a freelance DevOps engineer, and I work around the world from the seaside in Exmouth, UK.
She exemplifies what it means to work as a true DevOps engineer – having a firm grasp of both core development skills and the know-how to operate enterprise software in production.
She really cares - about customers, about the business and about the quality of her work - and this attitude is infectious.
Her passion for technology and agile collaboration frameworks made her both an excellent leader and inspiration for others.
She worked with the team to flesh out our operating model and culture, as well as occupying a lead engineer role where she was a significant contributor. She was a mindful, rallying presence at all times who inspired us all to give our best
Lead DevOps Engineer
Freyda is an exciting cloud-native startup that develops secret-sauce machine-learning pipelines that help financial professionals interpret data in their documents.
I joined the team in their early years to:
- Bootstrap the team's DevOps culture with CI/CD in GitLab.
- Consult on the platform's Amazon Web Services architecture, including peered VPCs, API Gateway, RDS, Step Functions, SQS, Lambda and Fargate, all with appropriate IAM policies and secrets management.
- Build and deploy the platform's architecture as infrastructure-as-code via Python, CloudFormation and Bash.
- Develop, test and deploy Python backend functions.
February - March 2020NHS Digital
Senior Software Engineer
NHS Digital is the information and technology partner to the NHS, including patient- and clinical staff-facing platforms.
I was hired for a short-term contract to migrated a life-critical SOAP service from C# .NET to C# .NET Core. While I was in there, I took personal responsibility for expanding the unit test suite and automating a swathe of the functional testing via Postman.
2005 - 2019Thomson Reuters
DevOps Team Lead
- Developed Windows desktop applications in C# .NET.
- Developed web services in C# .NET and TypeScript / Node.js on Windows and Linux.
- Led DevOps teams to develop Amazon Web Services architecture and infrastructure-as-code for local projects and the global Tax & Accounting business.